Please plan to arrive at the LBJ Student Center room LBJ 3-12.1 or OM 102C (there will be balloons or a sign on the door) at least 30 minutes before your speaking time. One of our Mass Comm representatives will direct you to the appropriate room and answer any last-minute questions. You’ll also be able to grab a snack and catch your breath.
A Mass Comm Week representative will meet you at the entrance of the parking garage to provide you with a parking permit and bring you to either the LBJ student center or to Old Main, which houses the Conference Room. Please allow ample time for our team members to locate you.
Please let us know in advance if you will need special/additional parking assistance, so that we may accommodate your needs.
Directions to the LBJSC Garage:
From IH 35 in San Marcos Texas:
- Take exit 206-Aquarena Springs Drive/Loop 82
- If exiting IH 35 from the south / San Antonio, turn left onto Aquarena Springs Drive
- If exiting IH 35 from the north / Austin, turn right onto Aquarena Springs Drive
- Proceed on Aquarena Springs Drive ~1.5 miles to Sessom Drive
- You will cross over railroad tracks
- Pass Bobcat Stadium
- And cross over the San Marcos River
- Sessom Drive is located immediately past the San Marcos River
- Turn Right onto Sessom Drive and proceed ~1 mile (up the hill) to Comanche Street
- Turn left onto Comanche Street and go one block to Student Center Drive
- Turn left onto Student Center Drive and go one block to Gaillardia Street
- Turn right onto Gaillardia Street and take the second entrance into the LBJ Parking Garage
- The Texas State Welcome Center is the first office on the right inside the LBJ Student Center
Should you have questions or concerns at any time during your visit, contact one of us on our cells:
- Nicole Hengst, SJMC faculty; Coordinator of Mass Comm Week, firstname.lastname@example.org, 254-722-7779
- Rachel Mosley, Graduate Assistant, 205-586-8186