During Mass Comm Week, use Gowalla to check in to the panels you attend and share photos, and you could win fabulous prizes. Look for the Mass Comm Week custom stamp below! Be sure to Post to Twitter (that’s one of the ways we’ll be contacting you if you win).
Check in to five selected panels and complete the Mass Comm Week trip!
If you’re not already using Gowalla, here are some simple instructions:
1. Download Gowalla on your smartphone. It’s free and easy.
2. Attend panels. Look for the Mass Comm Week stamp and the title of the panel you are attending. The Gowalla app will search for panels going on in your area.
3. Check in. Use the big button.
4. Make a comment.
5. Make sure you also turn on the option to Post to Twitter, we will be looking at the Twitter feed for the giveaways. You can also Post to Facebook (see the image below). You’ll be asked for your username and password to link Gowalla to these accounts. You can also setup those options by logging in at gowalla.com and clicking on Settings at the top of the page.
6. Use the Confirm Check-in button.
7. Once you have checked in, you can share photos from the panel. Use the Add Photo button and take a picture. Make sure you Post to Twitter. We’ll be choosing from the people who post photos for the giveaways.
8. If you check in to 5 selected panels (see below), you complete the Mass Comm Week trip and get a pin for your passport!
If your phone doesn’t have a Gowalla app, try m.gowalla.com on your smartphone’s browser.
Have fun with this. It’s great to use digital tools while we are learning about them!
Gowalla Texas State Mass Comm Week Trip
Check in at 5 of these selected panels and get a pin for your Gowalla passport!
MONDAY OCTOBER 25
Trends in Location-Based Social Networking; 12:30-1:50pm, Hines 204
Social Media Myths: Debunked! Developing Your Social Media Strategy; 2-3:20pm, OM 320
The Texas Tribune: Why We Need Public-Supported Media – Evan Smith; 3:30-4:45pm, ALK 250
TUESDAY OCTOBER 26
Trends in Entertainment Public Relations; 9:30-10:50am, OM 320
Social Graces: Understanding and communicating with clients, co-workers, audiences and the media; 9:30-10:50am, Hines 204
Starting and Branding a TV Network; 11am-12:20pm, Hines 204
Tourism PR for Costa Rica and Beyond; 2-3:20pm, OM 320
Going Digital: Changes in the Advertising and PR Industry; 3:30-4:45pm, OM 320
WEDNESDAY OCTOBER 27
Social Media Concepts and Policies in Texas State University Marketing; 9:30-10:50am, OM 320
The Voice of the Spurs; 11am-12:20pm, OM 320
Trends in Online News; 12:30-1:50pm, HINES 204
Creating Advertising with Impact; 2-3:20pm, LBJSC 4-16.1
Fashion Journalism; 2-3:20pm, OM 320
Dealing with the Media- Rich Oppel of Public Strategies; 3:30-4:50pm, ALK 250
THURSDAY OCTOBER 28
New Rules of PR: Game Changing Tips and Tools from the Trenches; 9:30-10:50am, HINES 204
How We Survived Economic Uncertainty; 9:30-10:50am, OM 320
Socially Conscious Jobs; 11:00am-12:20pm, OM 320
The Future of Television; 11:00am – 12:20pm, HINES 204
Shark Diver Magazine; 2:00-3:20pm, OM 320